Planning meals saves time and money

This year I have gotten a lot better about planning my meals for the week so I save money and time. Firstly I can make a grocery list before going to the store. Second I have less trips to the store saving gas and time. Finally I don't have to worry about what to cook for dinner as it is planned in advance.

I also save money by going to the store less and having less temptations to buy extra stuff not on the list. I also vow to not waste any food like I have in the past so my overall costs go down a lot. I use leftovers for lunches and it gives me some variety at work. The same old sandwich gets old fast when you have it 4-5 times per week.

Planning meals ahead also keeps me from getting lazy and going out or getting take out. If I have a really long day I will still eat the occasional meal out but not nearly as much as I used too. I am cutting my spending way down and forming good habits to pay off in the future.

0 comments: