LogMeIn, Inc. IPO

Disclaimer: This is NOT investment advice.

I have been a long time user of the free LogMeIn service that allows you to connect to any computer connected to the internet and control it remotely. We use it at work for some stuff and I also use it for my personal computers.

They also have a very nice iPhone app that I can control my computers from my phone. This is a company with a solid product and great support. I have not used too many of their other products but I suspect they are just as good.

They recently had their IPO and trade under the symbol LOGM. I am contemplating buying the stock as a long term hold. Being a smaller company with a good product I can't rule out the possibility of them being bought out by a larger firm some time down the road. This could mean good profits for stockholders!

Regardless of if they get bought or not I would be happy owning a few shares. I like to have a few shares of companies with good products as I feel they will do well in the long term. It would represent a very small portion of my portfolio, of course.

If you have never heard of LogMeIn you can view their website here. I highly recommend this for anyone who needs remote access to any computer anywhere!

0 comments: