I saw this on a bumper sticker on a car in front of me. This was on the way to work this morning and I completely agree with it. I have realized that material things are just that. In the end they mostly mean nothing. Some of them you need to survive but the majority of the crap we have is not necessary.
The things I value the most:
- People: friends, acquaintances, family, and so on. People are what make life what it is.
- Experiences: All of my best memories are from travel. I will continue to travel for as long as I can.
- Food & Drink: This brings people together. The food itself is not as important as the company that comes with it. It is a tool to bring us together
- History/Culture: Another reason I travel. I read about all sorts of interesting history and places to visit. When I actually get there it definitely adds to the experience to know the background behind it.
- Freedom: without it we cannot do as we please. I will viciously fight anything that tries to impede it.